- Prepare macaron shells:
- In a bowl mix together almond flour and powdered sugar.
- Start beating the egg whites using the wire whisk. As the egg white starts to foam a little, add cream of tartar. In a while, the egg whites will develop a shaving cream like consistency, start adding sugar.
- Fold in the almond flour-sugar mixture into the egg whites in 3 parts. The batter should not be runny, it should be slightly thick.
- Divide batter into 3 parts, leave one as such and add green and orange food coloring to remaining 2 and mix to combine. Transfer 3 colored batters to 3 different piping bags fitted with 1/2 inch round tip. Pipe the batter onto the cookie sheets.
- Let the macarons sit at room temperature for 45 minutes Preheat oven to 300 F degrees. Once the shells have dried completely, bake macarons (one sheet at a time) at 300 F degrees for 15-17 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Prepare cream cheese filling:
- Beat butter and cream cheese till smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and mix till combined. Also add white food color.
- Add heavy cream, 1 teaspoon at a time till you get the desired consistency. The filling should remain thick, so don't add too much liquid.
- Fill the macarons:
- Remove the macaron shells from the parchment paper once they have cooled completely.
- Fill them with prepared cream cheese filling and enjoy