- 500 Gram Chicken thigh leg
- 1/4 cup Yogurt
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Caraway seeds
- 4 tsp Cashew nut powder
- 1/2 tsp Green cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper (crushed)
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- refined oil
Kalmi Kebab is a delicious kebab from the Mughlai cuisine, marinated with spices and yoghurt. Serve this delicious party starter along with Dahi Pudina Chutney.
popular non-vegetarian appetizer from the Mughlai cuisine, Kalmi Kebab uses the leg piece or the chicken drumstick.
Coated in rich and flavoursome marinade, the spices give it a depth of flavour, while the yogurt keeps them succulent and juicy. The kalmi kababs get a distinctive nutty aroma from the addition of cashews. The flavours are rather mild yet the kebabs taste delicious.
Serve Kalmi Kebab as a party starter along with Pickled Onions and Dahi Pudina Chutney. You can also make it as a side dish with your simple meal of Lahsuni Dal and Steamed Rice.
- Take yogurt in a bowl. Add ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, turmeric powder with cashew nut powder and mix it well.
- Add cardamom powder, crushed peppercorns, caraway seeds and cream and mix well with the above paste.
- Afterwards take chicken coat it well, place in refrigerator to marinate for 24 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan. Take chicken, place on it and fry till turns golden in colour. Flip and cook other side too for at least 10-12 minutes.
- Lastly, serve hot with mint chutney, pickled onions and side salad.